ROTAVIT CALCIUM FORTE (Granules for oral suspension)
(calcium as calcium carbonate DC 90 form, vitamin D3 (colecalciferol))
1 sachet contains calcium (in calcium carbonate DC 90 form) 1000 mg, vitamin D3 (colecalciferol) 880 IU.
Complex medication regulating calcium and phosphorus metabolism, especially in bone tissue. It reduces resorption (release of calcium from bones) and increases density of bone tissue by restoring level of calcium and vitamin D3 in body.
The effect of the medication is determined by the effect of its components.
Calcium takes part in bone tissue formation, teeth mineralisation and regulation of nerve transmission and muscle contractions. It enhances stable cardiac function and is a component of blood coagulation.
Vitamin D3 enhances absorption of calcium in gastrointestinal tract and its binding in bone tissue. It regulates calcium and phosphorus metabolism.
Administration of calcium and vitamin D3 counteracts the increase of parathyroid hormone (PTH), which stimulates increased bone resorption (release of calcium from bones).
- deficiency or high risk of development of vitamin D3 and calcium deficiency in children and teenagers over 12 years-old;
- prevention and complex treatment of osteoporosis (menopausal, senile, steroid) in patients with vitamin D3 and calcium deficiency;
- bone fractures, impaired posttraumatic bone tissue regeneration;
- high risk of calcium and vitamin D3 deficiency.
- hypersensitivity to any components of the medication;
- hypercalcemia, hypercalciuria; - kidney stones (nephrolithiasis);
- hypervitaminosis D3.
Gastrointestinal tract side effects: constipation, flatulence, nausea, abdominal pain, diarrhea.
Metabolism side effects: hypercalciuria and hypercalcemia in cases of prolonged treatment with high doses.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
The content of the sachet should be dissolved in a glass of water, stirred and drank immediately after preparation.
As a preventative measure: 1 sachet daily, preferably with food.
As part of complex treatment of osteoporosis and calcium and vitamin D3 deficiency in elderly patients: the duration of treatment and doses are determined individually by a doctor.
Granules for oral suspension is in 3.6 g sachets.
30 sachets together with a leaflet are in a carton box.